A group of history teachers from somewhere in Hawaii have created a series of music videos about various people and events in history – mostly to the tunes (and sometimes visually referencing the videos) of hits from the 80s. You can watch them all on their Youtube channel – most are pretty good, a couple are a bit dull, and a handful are near-genius. My personal favorites (of the ones I’ve watched so far), are below – very much in order!
- The Canterbury Tales (“California Dreaming”) – Check out the mad medieval flow at 1:11!
- Beowulf (“99 Luftballons”) – Anglo-Saxon rapping, how can you lose?
- The Odyssey (“Across the Universe”) – this one is actually rather moving
- Pompeii (“Bang, Bang” – Nancy Sinatra) – likewise
- Macedonia (“My Sharona”) – Sannion, this one’s for you!